Sunday, October 28, 2012

Our Sweet Girl

Our hearts are breaking over our sweet girl. She is continuing to decline and her temperature in the middle of the night jumped to a really high fever of 103 degrees within an hour. For over 1 hour and a half, the night nurse and I gave her a cold sponge bath to try to make her comfortable. She was very listless all day yesterday until her fever. Dr. S came to exam her and sadly informed us that she was hoping it was an acute illness but all of her symptoms are showing us a decline. Maddie is unable to maintain her temperature, having respiratory issues, is swollen in many places, going in and out of status seizures, and is in lots of pain. She may have days or at most weeks. Our family will continue to stay at the Hospice House. We have faced reality and know that she is God's loving hands and that when the time comes for her to leave this life that she will not be in pain or discomfort any longer. Our beautiful girl has made us even more humbler and to appreciate all the simple and beautiful things in life.

8 comments:

  1. "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. Angels watch me through the night, and wake me with the morning light." You are always in our thoughts and prayers!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Somaly~ I just tonight found your blog. I am sorry to not have been more support, and did not realize your precious little blessing was struggling so. We love you so very much! David never forgets to pray for your little Maddie in our bedtime prayers. We will keep praying for love and peace and comfort for your family. May God's blessings surround you and uplift you through this difficult time.

    Much love,
    debbie

    ReplyDelete