Friday, January 4, 2013

Keeping the faith

My heart is overwhelmed with sorrow as death or illness is all around me. A friend loss her sweet nephew on Christmas Day and a visitation was held yesterday, others from church with loss of fathers or sons, and other friend's of friends whom have also lost their child. And so many battling illnesses including our wonderful preacher whom had a surgery late last week to remove a tumor from his brain and is now in a hospice house because the prognosis is not much different than the chemo or radiation path. I keep all of these previous souls and their family in my thoughts as I am filled with my own grief of the lost of my sweet Maddie. I know in life there is life and death but it seems like lately there's is just so many. Please Lord be with all of the ones that are so deep in my thoughts and hearts and please provide comfort to all of the loved ones that are caring for them or that are left behind including myself and my family. In your Son's Name. Amen.

Not a moment goes by that I don't think of my sweet daughter...even when I don't...her pictures on the screen savers will pop up. Oh, how my heart longs for Maddie but I know holding and kissing her physically can't happen right now...at this time. My other girls keep me busy as we are enjoying Marissa's last day of Winter Break today. I've also tried to keep myself busy with reading and pinning cool things on Pinterest. Life is hard when there's so much pain and suffering around me, I have to keep my faith strong and remember others such as Job who suffered so much. I also recall one of my favorite hymnals, "It is well with my soul." God is in command and will provide me with everything that I need including comfort. My desire is always to please him, our Heavenly Father. Hoping to have a very blessed year this New Year 2013.





Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment