Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Just another day

Today's was a strange day, I woke up to no coffee. I looked at the coffee maker and wondered why it was turned on...hmmmmh maybe it was because I forgot to set the timer on, I turned it on, still no coffee. I looked at it again thinking we really need to get a new coffee maker. I turn it on again and it quickly turns off. Urghhh..I growled..getting  really frustrated. Chris comes downstairs and I tell him that the coffee maker might be broken. The on light tends to go out lately so we have to play with it some. Immediately to my dismay, my hubby shows me where I had forgotten to put in the coffee and water...hahah!  So I finally got my coffee and could function for the day. It was a day of relaxing and cuddling with Elyssa with the other free time cleaning up after the messy and busy toddler and some time pinning on Pinterest. Does anyone know of any other toddlers who has to get out so many bowls and cups all day? And on top of that she is now tall enough on tiptoes to get her cold water out of the frig on her own. Let me tell you, she loves to transfer water from cup to cup or to bowls and we have water spills everywhere. I get tired of the mess but am so blessed that she is able to do all of these typical toddler things...Maddie was not able to do any of these things but was so sweet and special in her own way. Elyssa turned on my IPhone music by accident this evening and Maddie's Favorite song Somewhere over the Rainbow came on. It brought tears and longing to my heart and eyes. She will always be such a part of our lives. I feel that she needs to be here to enjoy and not miss out on all the things Elyssa and our family are doing. After two months...life still feels so strange, different and not right or out of place without our Maddie Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment