Sunday, December 16, 2012

We were blessed

The horrific tragedy that killed all those children and staff at the elementary school in Connecticut on Friday really tore at my heart. I cried for those innocent lives and for the parents, families and friends of loved ones that learned of their death in the most horrible ways. I cried again seeing those beautiful faces so full of live and so much to live for. I cried for my own child, whom died 6 weeks before...knowing that she will not be returned back to me on earth just like these precious ones won't be returned to earth. My family and I were very blessed that Maddie died from natural causes and that we had time with her through her last days despite the hurt and pain that came with knowing...we were somewhat prepared unlike the families of the school killing. I am so overwhelmed with sadness and pray that God will provide them with comfort and peace as only he can. We struggle daily with the death of Maddie. She is not with us physical but is forever in our minds and hearts. Our hearts still have lots of healing that only God and time will ease...just like he will for the Connecticut families. I pray one day to be reunited with Maddie in Heaven and for those families to also be reunited with their children or loved ones in Heaven.  This world of ours is filled with sin, pain, sorrow but through it all we must have faith in God's love for us

No comments:

Post a Comment