Monday, December 3, 2012

Slow process


Maddie's tests results from GeneDX maybe concluded by the end of this week so we might have an answer. I'm very nervous and anxious at the same time...could these results have made a difference in her life, prolonged it or changed her treatment plan? Or would it had anticipated her death and deterioration that we would have focused on that instead of our beautiful child? It still may not tell us anything either...it may also help our family if it's an inherited known genetic condition. No matter what I miss my sweet child with every waking moment of my life.

Sandy, Elyssa and I were able to visit our aunts and cousins in Long Beach, California last Wednesday through Friday. The last time we visited Long Beach, Maddie was with us. We have lots of relatives in Long Beach and enjoyed catching up with them and eating fresh fruit.  We also went to the Pacific Aquarium and on a 2 & 1/2 hour whale dolphin cruise. 600 dolphins swam around the boat. There were so many adorable baby ones. We did not get to see any whales but saw sea lions. The waves were very rough and we ended up getting sea sick so no pictures to show for our valiant effort. Chis and Marissa stayed home. Chris worked and Marissa so grownup stated that she didn't  want to miss any more days of school. We were so blessed that my close friend Ruby and her family were able to help out with Marissa so that we could take the much needed mini-vacation.

It was sad to see my sister leave for Missouri on Sunday. We were so glad to be able to have a nice visit with one another. We wished that we lived closer to one another along with our other siblings. I am still unable to talk on the phone. Hearing my dad's voice the other day made me choked up and I was unable to chat with him. Chris, the girls and I all miss our Sweet Maddie Moo so much. We can't believe that it's been over a month. We are so blessed to have so many loving and caring friends and family. This grieving process is very slow....

No comments:

Post a Comment